Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: windshield removal

Has250@domain.elided wrote:

> Help,  not to long ago someone published a well documented outline describing
> the removal and replacement of the front windscreen.  Could you  please run
> that again? thanks for the help.
> Harlan
> 73 stag

Harlan,

        It depends on why you want to take the windscreen out but the
concensus seems to be :-

Try to remove the windscreen, seal and trim all together by applying
pressure from the inside whilst folding the inside lip of the seal away
from the frame. More difficult than it sounds !

Replacement is again best with windscreen, seal and trim already
assembled and put into place using a small rope around the edge of the
seal and using the rope to pull the inside lip over the frame.

I made the tool specified in the Repair Operations Manual for fitting
the trim and it worked after a few attempts ! However if your trim is
already in place then I advise that you leave it if you can !

Good luck,

Dave.
--
	Dave Biggs