Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-digest V3 #45

In a message dated 04/01/98 11:30:57 GMT, you write:

<< I've got to get the windscreen out of my USA '73 Stag to attack some
 rust (curiously the only rust on the car is on the windscreen frame). I
 gather that you push the little chrome clips at the top and bottom to
 one side and work the trim off with a screwdriver but before I bugger it
 up I'd like to know if there's any trick to it. >>

The windscreen is usually refitted with the rubber and trim in place on the
glass, therefore if you possibly can I would recommend trying to tease the
rubber lipback over the metal edge from inside the car and remove
screen,rubber and trim as a whole. Once off the rubber the trim is niegh on
impossible to refit, most of the autoglass type places won't even entertain
fitting it. However if the rubbers K**%*£"$^ered anyway best of luck

Mine still awaits the return of it's trim after three years !

Andy Maughan