Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-digests, Krusty Problems

At 07:51 PM 12/28/97 -0700, Glenn A. Merrell wrote:

>This is the database created of the "problem" accounts and internet
>providers.
>	What Richards e-mail means is that people who use an Internet Service
>Provider (ISP) (yours Peter is America On-Line or AOL) or E-mail service
>that he has been having SPAM junk e-mail complaints from for the mailing
>list, will be effectively removed from the mailing list, because the web
>postmaster fails to adequately police the junk e-mail to/from their
>subscribers.  That includes...my account as my e-mail and ISP is Netcom,
>and that is one of the ISP's that apparently Richard has had problems
>with.  I also find it curious that Richard just anounced offering his
>own ISP, e-mail and web hosting services a few months back, odd
>coincidence?  Actually, I am also curious of what the list of "problem
>sites" are, and how many are on the Stag digest list, or other auto
>e-mail list members will be affected, forcing car digest e-mail users
>off the digest lists.

the RBL list is not maintained by me, actually, but by an independent group.
the fact that netcom is on the RBL list actually placed me in a bit of a
quandry; i believe strongly in the principles behind the RBL, but cutting
off netcom cuts off a potentially large group of contributors. believe me,
this isn't a stunt designed to get people to sign up with my services, which
aren't the same sort of thing anyway.

>	In defence of Richard, understandably, the lists are provided by solely
>on Richard's good will, free of charge for now, but I seriously suspect
>that there is a monitary motivation here in the long run.

i'm insulted. implementation of the RBL has no monetary motivations of any sort.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                             518-783-9003 (days)
rwelty@domain.elided              http://www.krusty-motorsports.com/