Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-digest V3 #40

In a message dated 26/12/97 18:47:42 GMT, you write:

<< I bought a set of SS tubulars from Rimmers >>

Glenn,

Just a thought, I have some experience of SS tubulars on a Scimitar. These
seemed to get hotter than the steel counterparts. On the Scimmy these where
wrapped in thermal lagging to stop them damaging the body etc.

Mine are mid 80's steel jobs and pass very close to the chassis rails where
the Mk1 wiring normally lives. I have had to move the wiring to the top of the
bay ( routed round the inner wings) and also make special long steering hoses
to route straight back from the pump to the bulkhead looping back under the
manifold.

Also if you're manual, beware the melting clutch hydraulic pipe ! things get
rather exciting when it pops !

Andy Maughan