Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Cylinder head gasket replacement costs

Thanks to everyone who suggested places in UK to get this done.  For those who
expressed an interest the quotes ran like this.

         To replace 2 x Cyl head gaskets, skim heads and rebuild, convert to
unleaded valve seats, assuming not toooo many problems getting the heads off:

         Abinger motors came very highly recommended but quoted £1000 - £1500
(inc VAT).
         E J Ward seemed reliable and were a much more reasonable £500 + VAT
         HRS Quoted £795 + VAT and really seemed very sure about exactly what
the job would entail on the 'phone.  This coupled with their excellent
reputation and the fact that it will look convincing on the receipt when I
come to sell the car means I'm going to give Hart's a try.

         I'll let you know how it went (and how much it cost) in the new year.

                                            Al