Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stag Engine Conversion

I need to here from anybody that has done a stag to TR-6 engine swap. I
have read that it is not a very difficult one to do & you only have a
few minor changes to make such as the exhaust, tach, & the motor mounts.
For the most part I don't have any problem with these except the motor
mounts. If someone has a drawing or a basic description of the changes I
sure would like to have them. I am thinking about doing a swap after my
new stag engine dropped one of the new valves I bought. Looks like it
fractured the head right at the stem. It looks like a manf. defect. So I
am looking a a possible new head. I have not had it dye checked yet but
it is pretty battered. So I think the swap would be less expensive at
this point. But I don't want to change or cut the orig. car so I can put
it back  some day.

Thanks
Steve Wall
swall@domain.elided