Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: distributor base plate

On Sat, 22 Nov 1997 PGAHOWELLS@domain.elided wrote:

> I have Lumenition on mine. It came with the car seven years ago so I have no
> non Lumenition experience.
> I am sure its a good move to do it. no more points to set, and no more fiddly
> condensors. My old points are in the boot, because previous owner feared
> Lumenition might fail. It hasn't yet. Do they fail or just go on for ever?
> Are you supposed to fit a special coil with Lumenition?

I have just had to replace my Lumenition since it was causing an intermittent
misfire.  I thought these units either worked or did'nt but that has been
shown to be untrue by my recent experience.  In addition changing the unit has
improved starting considerably and now I get a significantly different exhaust
note on overrun.

Incidently the fault was traced directly to the unit itself ie not any of the
wiring connections.

Regards

Graham Nicholson