Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Cooling system mods

You are correct, according to the responses posted when this first appeared
about 3 weeks ago. The disk should NOT be under any spring pressure when
installed.  I'm still wondering, though if there might be too much distance
between the disk and the passage behind it on some engine/thermostat
combinations. It seems to me that this distance should not exceed about 1/8
inch...