Stag/Stag Digest Archive

What connects to this fitting?

I am in the process of putting the vacuum/emmission hoses and lines back
on the carbs and engine in my Mk I Stag and I have a fitting that I
cannot seem to remember or find any information on what connects to it.

The fitting is on the right hand carb at the mounting surface where the
carb bolts to the carb pedestal, facing the left hand carb (in the
center between the two carbs, near the nut that holds the carb pedestal
to the intake manifold. I fact I had to remove this fiitting from the
right hand carb in order to tighten the nut and carb(s) assembly to the
inkake manifold.

Is it possible that this fitting is used to connect a hose to one of the
two fittings at the underside of the air cleaner instead of the fitting
that points to the front of the car on the carb pedestal (if so this
fitting would be capped)?

Does anyone have an answer?
--
Lenny Seidman