Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Need some Stag help

Greetings Vito...

At 08:59 PM 11/8/97 -0600, Vito Pacione wrote:
>I am looking for the wiring harness connector on a late model Stag (73)
>that connects to the brake pressure warning switch. I would consider a
>whole wiring harness if it is unmolested. Someone decided to cut my
>connector off of the car.

On both of my '73 Stags, the brake wire was broken at the connector which
was still attached to the switch. It seems the wire pulls off easier than
the connector.

>My rear brakes seem to have locked up. I assume that the switch
>has also done its lockout thing and that I have to bleed the front brakes
>to reset it?

Another thing you could check is that when released, the handbrake handle
should go all the way down by itself without any forcing, or the cable
probably needs some grease.

As a side note, the Stag rear brakes self-adjust only when the handbrake is
applied; I thought that was unusual until someone pointed out that recent
Toyotas use a virtually identical system, in fact pictures of the parts
look like they could interchange they're so similar (the Truth is out there).

Do you live in Houston? If so, feel free to give me a (relatively) cheap
call in San Antonio at 210-495-2631.