Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: "CLASSIC CARS, thoroughbred &"

Hi all..
Good article.
I have an early car with the temperature warning light sender.
It was connected by a previous paranoid owner to second temp guage, which I
removed to replace the original clock.
So I found a stray bit of wire near the sender, looked up colour in wiring
diagram, and it connects sender to warning light.
So I have reconnected the warning light.
When the temperature rises to about quarter of the gauge the light comes on.
Big deal. Quite meaningless. No wonder the dealers were asked to disconnect
them!
I am thinking of fiiting Rover SD1 brake pads, and connecting the wear
indicator sender to that lamp instead.
Any thoughts anyone?
Peter H