Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Draughts

Hi there
Does anyone know how to stop the draughts coming in
a) Between door window glass and interior furry seal, or between furry seal
and door.
b) Through the hole where the inside door latch goes. (Through the escutcheon
plate).
c) Through the bottom of the door, even though the draught excluder is tight
to the door, (Grips a piece of letter paper when shut)

All much worse since I installed water curtains which were previously missing
leaving me with door trims with badly warped hardboard at the bottom. I can
get them reboarded, but where does the draught come from. I have a good
external glass to door seal albeit fractionally short, and I can't find any
obvious holes exterior side of the point where the weather strip seals
against the door, like hinge mountings. All is solid metal.
Help.
Peter Howells