From: p=oz.au;a=telememo;c=au;dda:RFC-822=owner-stag(a)mailgate.wizvax.net;
on 23, Oct 1997 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: Cooling system mods
To: p=oz.au;a=telememo;c=au;dda:RFC-822=stag(a)mailgate.wizvax.net;
Cc: p=oz.au;a=telememo;c=au;dda:RFC-822=batink(a)pcug.org.au;

Greetings Brian,

Along with many other Stag owners, I have spent much time, effort and
cash trying to get my cooling system, and air conditioning, to work
reliably on a hot summer day. In a similar situation, my Norton
Commando's electric starter will now work in hot traffic (H-D starter
field coils and brush assembly bolt in) and this one, too, will someday
be resolved! But I'm doubtful about connecting the reservoir bottle to
the radiator filler neck because I don't see air entrapment as being a
problem with this system. If you do suspect that too much air is in the
system, however, an interesting solution might be to try a device that
endurance racers call a "swirl can". The stated advantage is that air is
removed continuously while the engine is running, rather that waiting
until the engine cools and "the race is over". It seems that every
coolant gimmick known to Science has been tried in the Stag; has anyone
ever heard of this one being used?

Robert Ducker
'73 Stag (original)
'73 Stag (chevy 350)