Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

X1/9 head removal

<< Moreover, I have recently aquired an Fiat X1-9 ( some one gave it to me
 for free- can't go wrong)  this car is in good condition, except for the
 head gasket. I can't seem to get this thing off. I have tried oiling the
 head for the last couple of days, however, no luck. Does anyone have
 suggestions?

You have two options, 1 buy the special tool for head removal, I've never used
it can't tell you how well it does or doesn't work, 2  remove  the remaning
five studs, You can do this either with a stud removal tool those these tend
to mess up the threads or you can do the 2 locking nuts trick to back them out
my  preference.