Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

big HP twin cams

Dwight Varnes wrote:

>As for the performance stuff, it is far too easy to spend $2000 on an
>engine for your Fiat that will still not give you a 5.0 Mustang 0-60
>time. Spend that same amount of money on the Mustang, and you'll really
>be shaving some time off that run. It's a simple American thing that V8s
>are the preferred way to go fast, and everything is readily available.
>The few of us that care to do it to Fiats are a miniscule minority, and
>the marketplace reflects this. In europe, all the cars are powered by
>smaller engines, so building a Fiat isn't considered much stranger than
>doing up a Ford Escort.

I hate to say it but I have contemplated selling one of my cars and buying a
more versatile machine like a Mustang GT 5.0 liter, BMW 325/535 or a Saab
900 turbo. Not that I want to sell any of my cars but My Father allots me
"three" cars as long as I still live in the nest. Trouble is if I moved out,
I wouldn't have any money to spend on more cars!!! So I don't want to hear
any whinning from you guys who's wives won't let them add anymore cars to
their fleet.

I could go out and buy an entire Mustang GT (like an 88 or 89) model for
about the same amount of money it would cost to build a reliable yet strong
Fiat motor. Using $3000 as a dollar amount.

However I have no intentions of wanting to blow the doors off a Mustang GT,
Camaro or Porsche. It's these rice box Honda Accords, Toyota Camry's owners
that tick me off.

So is it possible build a Fiat twin cam that will leave a new Honda Accord
or Civic in the dust? What about a V6 powered Accord?

If not I am waisting my time.

James Seabolt -----> mailto:jseabolt@domain.elided
Webpage: http://pages.preferred.com/~jseabolt
ICQ # : 7344463