Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Yugo prices

>Anyone know what used Yugo prices run ?
>
>Just wondering because I suspect that these cars
>have next to no resale value and if I could pick it
>up for short money I see no problem.

Absolutely right! They go for about 5 cents a pound at the scrap yard.
I've seen some really low mileage cars in the scrapyards in San Jose,
and I also sawa nice one for sale locally for about $700 that had no
takers for a very long time.

My suggestion (unless you must have it right away) is to give the seller
a low offer and your phone number. Check back with him/her every week
until you get your price.

If you get one and take care of it, I think it'll be a rarity in a very
short while.

Karl
Sunnyvale, CA