Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

belt sqealing

seeing as the list is kind of slow these days and we're talking
 sqealing belts....

I worked in my friend's uncles garage on and off for about 7 years.  One
day a woman in a VW beetle pulls up with a very concerned look about her.

"You're not going to believe this but whenever I make  a left turn my
car sounds like a cat in a blender!"  she says.

"Probably a belt or pulling rubbing on something" my friend and I decide.

We take the car for a spin and sure enough every left turn the car howls
at us.  We bring the car back to the shop and pop the engine lid.
After diggingaround a bit we pull out a greasy, small,
scared kitten!  must have crawled
into the engine area for warmth then been to scared to jump
 out when the owner came back and started the car.
Left hand turns must have shifted the
engine enough to do something to the kitty.   My friend kept the kitten,
named her  "bugger"  (buh-ger not booger)

eric
henning@domain.elided
80 Fiat 124 Spider