Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Fiat Freak Out 1998 in Fontana Village

I've had a few request regarding the Fiat Freak Out for 1998 recently
and I thought I would pass on some info regarding this annual event
sponsored by FLU.  The final date for this years event is July 31–August
3, space is linited so book reservations as early as possible.  The
following is an article that was prepared for Ricambi, FLU's newsletter,
this will fill in a few blanks.

Fiat Freak Out 1998 Update

This article will be the first of several designed to keep everyone
informed and up-to-date regarding Fiat Freak Out 1998.  As John
Montgomery and I were returning from Poughkeepsie last year, we had
already began planning for the next Freak Out.  It took us about 800
miles but we managed to get a loose outline worked up by the time we
arrived home.  John and I along with others, have been tweaking and fine
tuning the plans we had made and now that the new year is upon us,
planning for Fiat Freak Out 1998 has began to become more of a
priority.

We currently have in the works, several of FFO '98 related projects that
will help to promote this fantastic event.  By the time this goes to
press, Fiat related vendors will have gotten a letter explaining several
of the opportunities that will be available to them for this years Freak
Out.  Included with the letter will be an agenda and questionnaire
asking for useful input in regards to the vendor participation.  It is
our hopes that vendors will have an unprecedented opportunity to display
their wares while supporting their club.  John and I will be actively
seeking input in this and other areas.

Sometime in January, the FFO '98 logo will be finalized as well as the
new web page that will build upon what has already been started by Todd
Rice.  Those of you with web access will be able to keep up-to-date via
the web site.  John and I will also be accessible to those on the web
using e-mail, feel free to send suggestions and forward questions for
those who may be web impaired.

The rooms and several cabins have been reserved at Fontana Village for
those who plan to make the journey down the Dragons Tail (hwy 28) to
Fontana. More information will be made available regarding Fontana
Village in the next issue of Ricambi (if you can't wait till then, call
Fontana Village at 1-800-849-2258 for more info).  I must stress to
everyone that lodging will be somewhat limited and early reservations
will be needed if you or your family plan to stay longer than the FFO
weekend as many of you have indicated.

Continue to watch this space in the next Ricambi for the latest news
regarding Freak Out '98

Feel free to contact me regarding this event for information and keep
you eyes peeled for new bits of info as they happen.
Thanks
--
Brett Melancon
Art Director