Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

X 1/9 Air Conditioning

My 1987 X has non-functioning air conditioning.   It hasn't worked since I
bought the car, and I don't know how long it has been non-functioning.
Before I spend the $$ to get it diagnosed, much less repaired, I'd like to
ask the group it's opinion.

How well does the AC in an X work, even when repaired?   I drive the car
daily in the summer, in a suit, in and around Boston.

What's the opinion out there, is it worth getting diagnosed?   How well
does it cool when fixed?   Can the rest of the cooling
system stand the strain of running a compressor?

Thanks.