Italian Cars/Italian Cars Digest Archive

Re:1800 vs 2000 Head

William C. Macfarland wrote:
>I have an extra cylinder head from an 1800 Spider. Can it be used on a '79
>Spider (2.0L) which is carbureted? What are the differences between the
>1800 and 2000 carbureted heads?

Its actually better as the 1.8 head has a smaller combustion chamber and
you will pick up a 0.5 higher compression.  Temp sender holes might not be
compatable but that's about all.  Valves and runners are the same size.

Ciao,  Ray (Boomer) McNairy,  Member: OF'sCC & CEG

95 GL V-6/MTX, Chip, Koni, Eibach,15" Moda Sports, front X drilled rotors &
carbon pads, SE rear roll bar, SVT airbox Just keeps getting better & better!
95 Chrysler Concorde  The "Queen's Barge," She likes it, so what the hell