[ihc] How big do you need to be?

On Dec 14, 2004, at 8:14 AM, Tom Harais wrote:

By the same token, if rock crawling was my game, I'd have to give up the
Traveler and find a Scout. The shorter wheelbase would mean the difference
between "go" and "no-go". Function is important.
Yes, and it probably should be a Scout 800. Although, Bill Thebert's Scout II has done some awesome crawling while in my company. But, it is very highly modified for that purpose. My Terra has done some not-awsome, but semi-impressive rock crawling and has the scars as evidence. My Terra never did belong on the Rubicon, and I apologize to it for taking it over that trail.

My biggest problem while rock crawling has been bending the front driveline. Hmm, I've also bent the rear driveline a couple of times.

In regard to your earlier statement, what did you have in mind as the case where size doesn't matter. <g>

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs