RE: [ihc] COE 4x4 Loadstars

snippage...

> John, 120" wheelbase is less wheelbase than a long bed pickup truck or a
> travelall.  It's not all that long.  Seems to me it'd about the perfect
> length for what you want to do, and the 4x4 system would be great for it.
> Can always put a little lighter duty suspension on it if you need to.
>
> -Ryan

Well, yeah... I wasn't talking about the length of it, but the specs: "335
Cummins with Jake , 15 speed Roadranger , rear axle 23k Eaton , Front Drive
axle 16k Eaton". I don't need all that, and would want to keep the whole
thing as light as possible. Your point about suspension mods is well taken,
but it would extend into axles and transmission as well. I think at my skill
level, I'd be better off taking on the cab project, along the lines of what
Joel suggests. There's a 300 flatbed rolling around town with a for sale
sign on it. It's pretty beat, and rusty, so I would escape some guilt over
junking the body. I think it even has cracked glass and a missing headlight!

Thanks,

John A.

P.S. The w/b of my T'All is 119". Were the D series longer?