[ihc] Transmission questions

I got my Scout back from the Tranny shop today.  The Anchor struts
(IIRC) in the case split in half.  The guy never saw anything like it
before in his life.  But once those broke it screwed things up inside
and needed a rebuild.  I did get some info on the tranny, though.
Internally, it's NOT the 6-cylinder  version of the 727, it's the V-8
version (4 clutch plates instead of 3, and a couple of other parts
went from 3 up to 4),  For the transmission experts out there, is this
something that would create extra resistance and, possibly, help
explain the fact that the rig has trouble getting much over 60-65MPH?

Also, I asked him about the Borg-Warner auto which I'm getting in my
Postal 800.  He flat out said that it's not as good as a 727, and it's
more expensive to rebuild.  So, I'm curious as to the feasability of
swapping a 727 in there.  My understanding of the stock 152/BW-Auto
setup is this:

The engine is tilted at 15 degrees
The Tranny is mounted straight
The engine tilt is compensated in the flywheel or bellhousing (sorry -
I didn't pay close attention to that part)

To mount a 727 from a 196 equipped Scout II, my understanding is that
you need to either tilt the tranny (probably NOT a good idea) or
straighten out the engine.  What the guy at the shop told me, though,
was that vehicles with a slant-6 engine had the engine tilted, and
727s were mounted behind them.  So this MIGHT give us a 727 capable of
absorbing the tilt.

Any ideas on this?  I know there was a discussion on this recently
about this, but no definitive answers were posted.  There was somebody
who had put a 727 behind a 196 in an 800 (or maybe 80) but my
understanding of that post was that the engine was straightened.  No
mention of tranny crossmember fabrication (or lack thereof), or any
other associated work.

Dave