Re[2]: [ihc]...property rights

Jim Grammer wrote:

JG> In a desperate attempt to be even remotely on-topic, I hear Pete's concerns.
JG> Lets just say that my IH collection is *strategically* placed. I lust after
JG> a property I've seen in Nipomo that used to be a turkey operation. There are
JG> 3-4 sheds that prolly measure 40' x 200' :)

Just to chime in a bit here.  A friend of mine has 110 acres north of
town.  The property straddles a ridge line.  The main access to his
property has a long drive up the side of that ridge(~400 feet
vertical) and on over to the other side.  On the other side he has no
visible neighbors within 1 mile.  He has a large "collection" there.
It's been there for many years now.  This past spring a guy was
camping on the property and had his fire get away from him.  No
buildings were burned, just some vehicles(on the property) which the
camping guy's insurance paid for.  Well, after the fire, the
"clandestine military junkyard" was in the local newspapers.  One
quote from a neighbor was "We didn't have any idea this stuff was even
up there."  Well, that means to me that the people most likely to be
affected, his neighbors, were so NOT bothered by his collection that
they didn't even know it was there.  But, of course, the county is on
him about cleaning up the place despite the fact that no one owning
property around him can even see his "junk".

What is it that fosters such desire for control over other people?

I apologize for the lack of IH content.

Ken