From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Rocky Lear
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 10:06 PM
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: [ihc] 401's

AFAIK any of the 401 V8's that would have been put in the IH's should be
drilled for a pilot bearing but it would probably be smaller than the
pilot on an IH manual. I don't see why it could not be drilled for the
larger bearing though. You'd have to take the crank out and take it to a
good shop to get it done. They are forged steel. Someone else will have
to chime in on the bellhousing though. I don't know if the bolt pattern
is the same as a SV bell. I don't think they are. If that is the case,
and you were forced to use an AMC bell, you'd run into trouble becasue
AMC never made a bellhousing that had mounts on the sides and there
would be fabrication necessary on hooking the clutch pedal up.

Rocky