Re[4]: [ihc] Engine ID by pic

Jim Grammer wrote:

JG> Obviously I had overlooked the 258. If I understand the comparative mounting
JG> of the 258 and 401 correctly, that same x-member should accept the 401.

That's my understanding as well.

JG> So
JG> how come for the '73's I've only seen them in 1010's AFAIK?

As far as the 258 goes, perhaps because if one needs 3/4 or 1 ton,
one probably would be much happier with a larger engine.  I'd bet that
the production numbers for 1210/six are quite small in comparison to
the 1210/eight numbers.

OK, my TA is 1210 and 4x4 with a factory installed AMC engine,
whereas the majority of AMC engines seem to have found their way into
1/2 ton 2WD models(excluding Scout/Terra/Traveler).

Does anyone know of other either 1210 or 4x4 models with AMC(excluding
Scout/Terra/Traveler)?

Ken