Re: [ihc] Re: 345 Oil drain holes clogged?

On Nov 30, 2004, at 8:43 PM, Steven Stegmann wrote:

Your problem might be rings.  Famous test for rings is
to find a nice long hill on the highway and coast down
with your foot off the gas at 60-70 mph for a long as
you can, then stomp the gas.  If you get a huge cloud
this way it is the rings.  Careful, I've had some
engines that would almost bury the car behind when I
did this.

Steve

Steve,

One of the things I learned while I was in Florida was that they don't have "nice long hills". I was astounded on a trip from the East coast to the West coast to see a sign that said, "Summit, 3 feet".

An alternative, at least as a start, might be to do a compression test on that side that smokes.

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs