Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:40:26 -0600
From: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] RE: Macs Liftgate issue

The t-handle and it's square protrusion are both fine and in good operating
condition.  They turn the collar fine.  The collar turns, but it doesn't
release the mechanism inside.  And you can't take the mechanism out without
removing the two screws on the bottom... which aren't accessible with the
liftgate closed!

So I'm stuck in a quandry here.  Dave Nuenke is going to be in the area this
weekend for turkey day, so he's going to take a peek to see if he can figure
out how to jimmy it, but if anyone knows a way to disengage the latch
otherwise, I'm all ears.   Keep in mine, the collar turns as normal, and
I've verified that the only thing stopping the latches at the end from
turning is the mechanism.

Thanks,
Ryan