Re: [ihc] RE: Macs Liftgate issue

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Shubin" <pshubin@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Cc: "'Ryan Moore'" <baradium@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 19:35
Subject: Re: [ihc] RE: Macs Liftgate issue

> Remove the top to get to the screws on the bottom of the lift gate.  It
> shouldn't take long to remove since all you need to do is lift it up a few
> inches to get to the screws.  Or go about it a different way and just lift
> it up 3/4 inch or so to open the tail gate.
>
> I find the hard part about top removal is trying to get out of the Scout
> while carrying the top not unbolting the top.
>
> Pete

Honestly, I'd really prefer not to have to do that.  I hear that once you
take the top off it's really hard to get it to stop leaking... and this top
has never been off.  It's a good idea though and something I honestly didn't
consider.  We'll have to see what we figure out this weekend.

Thanks,
Ryan

---