[ihc] Scout II liftgate questions

howdy all, got some questions about Scout II liftgates.

Ryan got ahold of me by telephone this afternoon, asking how to get his
liftgate open, apparently there's something wrong with it and he needs help
fixing it.  this message is a paraphrasing of the problem and the
information he needs, as told to me over the phone.

he's currently without internet access and the liftgate is not opening on
his 1978 Scout II traveltop (note this is not his diesel Traveler).  he
turns the T handle from the outside, but nothing happens with the latches,
it's like the T handle is turning freely without operating the mechanism
that holds the liftgate shut.  he says the handle turns about the normal
amount as it should and stops where it should, but it does not appear to be
doing anything at all when he turns it.

so what we need to know is...  how can he get the liftgate open?  we need
advice on how to fix the gate or at least get it open without breaking
something.  any and all advice welcome, whatever any of you share with me i
will share with him when he calls back tonight.

thanks in advance for the help.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However; Don't take *my* word for it,
check it yourself.
"I'd rather have a German Division in front of me than a French one
behind." - General George S. Patton