Re: [ihc] Control cables

Dennis,

Good morning from Charlottesville.

Try McMaster Carr, www.mcmaster.com.

I don't see it by the roll, but on pages 1022-1025 of catalog 108 they have a lot of options for control cables from 3-12' with all sorts of various fittings and prices. You can also search for push/pull control cables on their site. [Checking online, it's 1056-1059 in their latest catalog, but the prices haven't changed!]

I sure wish I'd had a copy of this catalog when I was working on my IHs, or even when I was working as a rigger last year. 3528 pages chock full of info. Now I just hope nobody at work notices it's gone! ;-)

They claim that they have 410,000 items, and 98% of orders ship from stock. I have had good luck ordering some plastic and aluminum stock from them in the past -- fast shipping.

I seem to recall McMaster only sells to businesses, but all you have to do is put in a business name.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Joel