[ihc] Re: Paystar

Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:40:36 -0700
From: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] stars

Can someone please point me to any write-up on the differences between the
various "star" series trucks? Fleetstar, Cargostar, Transtar, Loadstar,
Paystar... I know what a Loadstar is, and that's about it. Thanks in
advance...
John A.
John,
Thirty one years ago I rode in a Paystar cement mixer - actually it was probably just a strategy to keep me from getting run over but made the day something I'll always remember. They put me in the cab as soon as the truck showed up and I stayed there until the truck was leaving. There was no passenger seat, I sat on the heater box or something mounted to the floor where the passenger seat would go (I think that it even had the truck's electrical schematic diagram on the side of it). We didn't travel more than 500 yards but it was an International and I got to be up in the cab when the truck was running. It makes me smile to think about it; it also makes me want to drive one!
Also, the Paystar has very cool front fenders that are sort of boxy looking and fabricated out of diamond plate or some similar patterned steel.
Thanks for triggering the memory, Mike