[ihc] Re: ihc-digest V7 #709

If you can find one of the last Grand Wagoneers made by Jeep, they had a bolt-in seat belt like the older trucks like ours, and they even had the inertial locking mechanism so the belt will let you move freely until you change speed suddenly.  Those should be not so easy to find, but easy to pull and install.  You may have to get some upholstery paint to match your interior, as most of the colors I have seen are not anything close to an IH color, except maybe for black.
-Colin Rush

Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:00:36 -0600
From: "Ryan Moore" <baradium@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] Re: D series B pillar holes

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "allanw" <weidenhe@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 16:35
Subject: [ihc] Re: D series B pillar holes

> >There is a thread on the BB about using the threaded capped holes in
> >the B pillar on the D series for shoulder restraint seat belts.
> >Behind the caps are threaded holes that seem suited for the task.
>
> >Mike Toney
>
> Mike,
>   I've always figured the same, and I see that Howard indicated so
> already.  Please pass along any well suited donor vehicles that
> you find, or someone else finds on the BB.  I think mid-70's
> Chevy pickups had similar mounted shoulder belts, but the belts
> in those are kind old.  I'd prefer something newer to get some
> donor belts from, but the really new stuff seems more integrated
> and not as easy to adapt.
>
> Allan W.
> 72 1210 Pickup

They sell belts for 67-72 chevy pickups brand new.  I don't know if they
offer both the 2 piece or just the modern 1 piece, but my brother put a 1
piece setup into his '72..  Design should be close enough to bolt in without
much in the way of modifications AFAIK.  I think the 2 piece style is kind
of nice, that way you can choose on your own whether to use the shoulder
harness or not (and it also means that the shoulder harness integrity does
not affect lap belt integrity).

- -Ryan