Re: [ihc] IHWR 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "ed sohm" <sohmj@domain.elided>
To: "'Allan Ericson'" <lowvolt@domain.elided>; "'IHdigest'" <ihc@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 6:47 PM
Subject: RE: [ihc] IHWR 2005

Allan,

Driving an IH to NJ and back?

If you are going past Ceresco, you will be within range for me to help
if needed.  'Course you will be as close to Mark K and Eldon as you will
be to me.  Consider the offer extended though if you need something on
the way.  IH or not.

The Sohms
Ed, Mark, Mac, et al-

Thanks. I'll be saying hi to as many folks as possible along the way, and I'm starting the list now. Just quick visits to say hi, a few minutes to look at binders, and on the road. I understand this could take a bit longer at Eldon's place, but we'll just have to make due.

We're renting a Grand Marquis or some such thing. Half the fuel at interstate speeds compared to the 73 travelall with the T34 (which I just sold to Matt O'Bryan anyway. He's expecting to come pick it up while we're on the road). I really don't have enough time to take a binder, and this saves me about 700 dollars in fuel along with the easier driving, stereo, and, of course, cup holders. I would rather stay off the interstates, but it adds a couple of days each way to the trip.

Helena has never been past the states that touch AZ, so we will be trying to take one route in and another route back, even though we'll be just passing through. It's probable that we'll take I-40 to the east coast and head north, and then take I-80/76/70 etc and cut through Moab on the way home. I-10 and I-20 are also possibilities, depending on weather, but that adds at least a day to the trip.

-Allan