RE: [ihc] Factory Toe-In Spec, Anyone?

Aha Steve!

Good write up.  But, this brings me back to my last point:

A 1/16th inch difference in track width between the front and rear of the
tire tread will vary the toe setting depending on the tire's diameter.  Tire
diameter can vary between 27" or so and 35" or so, depending on size used.
The 1/16" difference on the tread face of a 35" tire is going to yield a
different actual toe in setting than a 1/16th inch difference on a 27"
diameter tire, even more so when using a 15" wheel edge as the reference.
The difference is probably slight (my Trig capabilities are now non-existent
since I never have to use them), but we're talking 1/16th in the first
place, which is a pretty slight measurement itself.

Tell me I'm wrong?

The reference point/diameter effect would be the same on camber
measurements, but not on caster.

So, what is the correct reference?  You say to use the face of the tread,
but what is the "official" reference? Maybe that's why alignment shops use
minutes of angle instead of a distance measurement?

Tom