RE: [ihc] Factory Toe-In Spec, Anyone?

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, David Raistrick wrote:

> > Obviously, where you measure that 1/16th of an inch differnece is going to
> > make a difference based on the distance from the center of the wheel.
>
> Actually, 1/16" is 1/16", as long as you read it from the same place on
> each wheel, front and rear.    I'll often just drop a square on the floor

To follow up on myself a bit... 1/16" toe = 1/8" difference from front to
rear (with rear being 1/8" longer then the front for negative toe!).
Since your wheels are straight and tires are bulging, this difference will
be the same no matter where you measure...edge of the tread, high point of
the sidewall, edge of the rim, or even the lip of the brake drum...as long
as it's the same point front to rear.

--
        David Raistrick    http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
keen@domain.elided	   http://www.expita.com/nomime.html