RE: [ihc] Tool I need

Since you guys all seem to be "up" on this stuff, maybe one of you can tell
me this:  Is there a 1" drive to 3/4" drive adapter made for an impact
wrench?

A couple years back, at one of our facility auctions, I picked up an
Ingersoll Rand, 1" drive impact wrench.  I found a good deal at a local tool
outlet for a set of impact sockets in 3/4" drive size so I bought them.  I
always figured I'd pick up a 1" to 3/4" reducer and be able to use that gun.
But, the tool store never has the reducer, and neither has Sears or others.
I think I found one once from a vendor at a flea market, but it was $40 or
some such ridiculousness.  I didn't want to pay that much, whatever it was.
I only wanted the 1" gun for really tough work, like the lug nuts on my
motorhome or the pinion nut on one of my diffs.  No need to spend a whole
socket set's worth of funds, just to get an adapter.  I mean, my 3HP air
compressor couldn't keep that gun in constant operation anyway. :-)

Tom H., '76 Traveler