[ihc] 800 Dash Question

What goes below the radio on a Scout 800 dash?  Both my right hand drive
dash and my "new" left hand drive dash have a portion of the lower dash
under the radio bent up to a position that would probably support the radio
but there are also two holes on either side of the resulting opening and an
indentation that makes it looks like something belongs there.  What belongs
there?  I'm working on the layout for the dash to have modern amenities but
look like it was all from the factory and this space is a curiosity for me.

In a few months I will also have a good right hand drive dash, pedal
assembly, steering box, and everything else needed to convert a Scout 800 to
right hand drive.  If you think you may need the parts let me know.

Pete