Re: [ihc] cold heat soldering

On Nov 4, 2004, at 7:43 AM, Tom Harais wrote:

Aren't we supposed to heat the wires/whatever first and melt the solder onto
them rather than just flowing melted solder onto the cold items? The way
they describe their process, "Just apply solder and it heats up to 800
degrees instantly" seems like it would result in a "cold solder joint" and
be prone to failure, even if it did work.
Well, sir, if I had read ahead and known that you had already said this, I'd have saved my breath. Anyway, you seem to be exactly on target.

Oh, by the way, I'm now marketing targets. For each dollar you send me, I'll send you a very well made silver plated target that will refine your eyesight and your aim. Also, you could, in an emergency, use it along with 15 cents to make a local phone call.

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs