RE: [ihc] Elevator Move Photos

## >> I got some statistics on the grain elevator move that I found
## >> interesting.
## >>
## >> The building weighed 800,000 pounds and it was carried on a
## >> 142 wheel hydraulic system specially built for the job.   Width of the
## >> building was
## >> about 32 feet. It was 97 feet long and also about 97 feet high.
## >> Its capacity was approximately 120,000 bushels.
## >>
## >> If you missed it, the photos were at
## >> http://www3.sk.sympatico.ca/lgoff/Grainelevators.html
## >>
## >> Howard
## >> ---

that's really neat.  thank you for sharing this.  i may have missed
something when this first came up, so this may already have been answered.
the page says they moved it 20 miles.  why were they moving it?

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However; Don't take *my* word for it,
check it yourself.
"I'd rather have a German Division in front of me than a French one
behind." - General George S. Patton