[ihc] Loadstar 1600 is home.

I took some vacation time yesterday and went to get the free 1600 grain
truck.  I had it running this weekend on ether, fuel pump wouldn't
prime, but had not touched the brakes at all.

In 2 hours time, I had it running, stopping, and driven home.  Runs good
but whoever last messed with the Dayton wheels didn't get any of the
rear ones on straight.  Brakes still need to be pumped up to work, 5
speed turned out to be a T-19, truck was built in early '74, bad
harmonics develop when hitting bumps just right on paved roads.  I hope
that is just the wobbly Daytons.  Now I need to find some Pri-G, buy a
fuel pump, rebuild another carb, and chase down an intermittent miss.

Neat old truck, nothing fancy but should be fun. Anybody wanna see a
pic?

Ed Sohm
Battle Creek, IA

'71 800 B