RE: [ihc] IH deuce and a halfs; some clarification

I'm in the same slow process for my USAF L series('52) Travelall,
complicated by the fact that the military data plate was removed from the
truck, presumably when it was de-mil'd and pressed to service by the Civil
Air Patrol. I need to get back in touch with Binder Books, before Scott's
passing he gave me a message that he had located some documentation on the
big IH order the USAF received in '52.

I just got a package from the military procurement office yesterday. Color
chips approved for military purchasing, including the correct USAF 'strata
blue'. Our tax $$ at work :)

The Castle AFB Air Museum(near where I grew up) tried their best to come up
with pics of period correct markings, to no avail. They did, however, advise
that the movie 'Bombers B-52' was filmed at Castle and features lots of
ground vehicle shots. I want to paint the T-all strata blue with period
correct 'SAC in it's heyday' markings. The armored fist with lightning bolts
and olive branch insignia would be nice if it's appropriate.

Jim