RE: [ihc] Scout II front end question

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard R Pletcher [mailto:n9ads@domain.elided]
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 6:52 PM
To: ihc-digest@domain.elided
Subject: Re: [ihc] Scout II front end question

> It is interesting to note that while .............

That begs the postulating question:  What then happens when you go to a
reversed shackle set up?  Isn't the potential there for the harmonic to
return?  What happens to the amount of body lean you encounter on road?

I've often wondered about this, and that was before I knew that the "sway
bar" was to prevent a harmonic shimmy in the front end.

Reminds me that I was fascinated by the 1/2 (or maybe it was full) eliptical
buggy suspension that was once on Bill Thebert's Scout, I swear he told me
that he removed it because of issues in on-road use.

He can jump in here any time and set the record straight.

Tom H., '76 Traveler