Re: [ihc] What does it cost to make a big hole instead of a small one?

Howard, a 22. long rifle probably costs 2-4 cents per
round for a plain remington or winchester. The CCI
ammo is good, but expensive. Seems to me it can be
5-10 cents a round or more. If you catch plain
Winchester or Remmington 45 ACP on sale at a sporting
goods store, you can probably get it for 20-30 cents a
round. Inexpensive 38 & 9mm can be had for 15-20 cents
on sale. Reloading is cheaper if you shoot a lot. This
is true of rifle & pistol, but not shot gun. Last time
i bought shotgun ammo, got 10 boxes and it averaged to
around 15 cents a round. You can't really buy the
supplies it for that. And forget about reloading steel
shot. Much more expensive to reload.

Mark