Re: [ihc] What does it cost to make a big hole instead of a small one?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard R Pletcher" <n9ads@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2004 21:19
Subject: Re: [ihc] What does it cost to make a big hole instead of a small
one?

> Our resident gunsmith, Hofs, can probably answer this one.  What's the
> cost of a .22 cal cartridge vs. a .45?   :-)

I know the ballistic silver tips (with the nickle case and synthetic coated
slug) that I like to use in my 30-06 are darn expensive!

Seems that .22 cartridges are extremely cheap though!   Good thing .22s are
rimfire... otherwise they'd also be on the list that Kerry and Kennedy think
should be banned...  30-30 is mentioned specifically, but any hunting round
that is centerfire pretty much fits their description of rounds we shouldn't
be allowed to have...

I wonder if Mr. Hoffstetter's M-1 can shoot those rounds I like so much?  I
don't know if the nickle case likes semi auto's all that well...

-Ryan

---