Re: [ihc] Scout II front end question

On Oct 29, 2004, at 6:51 PM, Howard R Pletcher wrote:

The bar between the shackles altered the
natural frequency of the front end enough to get away from the sustained
motion, but it sold better when it was called a sway bar.

Howard
Until Howard and others "straightened" me out, for 30 years I called that bar the tie rod protector. In my case it seemed to serve that purpose.

I have home-made extended shackles on my Terra and no sway bar anymore. There are some who believe that the bar diminishes articulation off-road. Looking at the bar, that kind of made sense to me.

John

John Hofstetter
Ol' Saline
www.goldrush.com/~hofs