RE: [ihc] Scout II front end question

No, the "bar" on mine which is bolted at both ends between the shackle
brackets is a piece of angle iron, not flat stock. I think I said that, but
it doesn't matter. It was certainly a labored description, and easy to
misread, if that's what you did.

So, the likely conclusion is that the PO hit a rock or something, bent the
flat stock, and thought to make it "better than new" by replacing it with
angle stock. Perhaps he figured, "stronger = better". Or perhaps that's just
what he had lying around.

I think I will take it back to stock. I can't imagine this piece flexing the
way it's supposed to. I can imagine other things *breaking*, though.
Fortunately, there's no hurry. I'm still working on the burned up engine,
with winter upon me, and no room in the shop...

Thanks for the info, Ryan & Howard.

John A.