[ihc] Re: Cargostar

Allan, you'll also find that the release will usually only work if the
truck's on the level. If the chassis is skewed by a flat tire, or uneven
ground, you may have to remedy the levelness of the frame before jacking
and releasing the cab latches. Mine will not release if it's parked on
uneven ground.
I've got a Mark IV Air Conditioner on top of mine, and it jacks OK. It
takes a little effort, but not a huge amount.
You can probably read the engine code without jacking the cab. It should
be visible vrom under the frame, if you can get down there. (I know how
non-operative vehicles "settle in".) The important checks, such as
water, oil, and belts can be done from the access holes through the cab.
The Radiator top tank is just inside the rear window, center. The oil
dipstick and add locations are through an access door between the seats.
If there is a wide passenger seat, you'll have to flip it up, maybe?
Mine is the wider cab, with a narrow passenger seat, so the access door
is in plain sight.
I like the Cargostar just fine, but fuel mileage is terrible, and the
license and insurance expense is a real bear....

Mike Bolton
Scouts
Cargostar
Farmall M