Re: [ihc] Rad overflow

Mine didn't work either.  Usually what happens is the
natural vacuum in the rad as it cools can't suck from
the tank.  Read that as leaks.  I was having mine
repaired for other reasons and had a new neck
installed.  After careful inspection I found a very
slight dent in the sealing surface for the rad cap.
Didn't look like much, nothing ever leaked out but it
would never suck a drop back in.

After carefully examining the new neck and puttin on a
new cap and I believe a new hose, it works.

Check for leaks somewhere.  If everything is tight,
there's enough vacuum to make it work.  But any vacuum
leak will kill it.

BTW pressure testing will not find vacuum leaks.  I
figured that out.

Steve