RE: [ihc] Holley projection help

John,

Send me an address offline, it is yours.

>Matt, how are you adjusting the idle? Are you using the
>almost-impossible-to-find little screw hidden in the throttle body? I
>had a heck of a time finding it the first time, and it still makes me
>search to find it.

Using the screw...and I have it at its max mechanical limit...not enough.

>I see that, like me, you have the MSD. Are you running the the ECU from
>the tach output on the MSD box rather than the distributor?

I am running the ECU off of the tach output from MSD.	 I used the wiring
diagrams from MSD/HOLLEY, I am assuming this is the right way to do it.

>Steve is absolutely right about needing a fuel pressure gauge. Rig your
>fuel hoses so that you can also check the pressure in the return line.
>It should be near zero. My rig usually runs best at about 12 psi in the
>supply line, but what runs well for me is irrelevant for your rig.

>I use a gauge made for fuel, in my case a Holley. I don't know that I
>would buy one from a hardware store.

I think this may have something to do with the problem.  I will do this an
report in.

>Matt, what you could do either as a temporary solution or as a
>permanent thing is activate the cold solenoid with a toggle switch. Put
>the power to the solenoid until you feel you don't need it any more,
>then cut the power. Some of my Jeeping friends use this same solenoid
>and a toggle switch to maintain fast idle when wheeling.

<Smacks himself upside the head>  Of course! That makes perfect sense. I
like having positive control.  I know that the choke dashpot on the ECU
controls how long the fast idle is extended...and assume that it is temp
related. But positive control is well...more positive.

>By the way, you do know, don't you, that the throttle has to be
>depressed for the solenoid to extend itself?  Forgive me for asking
>questions that might imply that I think you're not too bright, I know
>better, but then we sometimes overlook the obvious.

I know that, but I have not yet seen it in action.  I need to test the
solenoid and the ECU to see if I am getting any power to it.
Hofs, no thin skin here...I like to start with the basics and work my way
from there. Thanks for your thoughts.

Matt